Blair, Maumalo and Fusitu'a, avid gamers like many of their team-mates, are the latest sporting stars to "squad up" for 'The Night Squad', which will be broadcast live tonight on www.warriors.kiwi
Broadcasting since its premiere on June 6, the show aims to bring the world of online gaming and Kiwi popular culture together through a shared love of video games.
Making up a team with the three Vodafone Warriors will be New Zealand gaming personality Amy Potter, also known as HelloMissPotter.
"Gaming is absolutely for everybody but sometimes it can be misunderstood," she said.
"It makes me very happy to be able to showcase video games and entertain an audience that may have never watched someone else live streaming games before. 'The Night Squad' is kind of like a radio show where, instead of playing music, we play games."
The Vodafone Warriors are no strangers to the world of organised esports. While many of the players have indulged in gaming in their downtime for many years now, some were involved in the launch of the LPL2 Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Premiership two years ago.
Through 'The Night Squad' viewers have been able to tune in every Wednesday night as a new set of celebrity guests have taken part. The Twitch platform used for broadcasting enables the audience to watch the gameplay and the players' faces as well as facilitating live chat interaction directly with 'The Night Squad' team with questions and comments.
Tune in at 7.00 tonight to follow the action and see how the Vodafone Warriors fare.
- When the Fortnite Season 5 expansion was released last week, the NZ Chorus network experienced a 20% spike in traffic.
- Fortnite Battle Royale has taken the gaming world by storm with now more than 125 million users and record-breaking worldwide Twitch streams.
- It is without a doubt the most popular video game in the world, available free on PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and iOS devices.
THE NIGHT SQUAD
- Sports stars, comedians, musicians, actors and personalities "squad up" each week in the widely popular Fortnite video game.
- Weekly live gaming show broadcast by LPL out of their Sky Tower studio, hosted by Amy 'HelloMissPotter' Potter.
- Promotes the message that video games are fun for everybody, and can be enjoyed by people from a variety of walks of life.
LET'S PLAY LIVE (LP)
- Based in New Zealand, LPL is a specialised esports media company which operates on a global level.
- LPL is building an eco-system that will underpin the continued growth of global esports. It strives to empower players, viewers and partners alike to find purpose in competitive video games. LPL's work takes the form of television/online broadcasting and event production. LPL delivers high visibility world-class tournaments for brands and publishers.
- LPL's purpose-built esports broadcasting studio is based on Level 2 of the Auckland SKY Tower.