Momentum is gathering pace ahead of “The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day” with the fundraising pool bursting past $20,000 today.
With the projected crowd nearing 15,000, the Vodafone Warriors’ contribution will left to $10,000 at 15,000, surging to $25,000 for a crowd of 20,000 and $50,000 for a sell-out.
Mitre 10 is also using an attendance formula with its contribution.
Additional funds so far have come through support from other stakeholders and a text-a-donation service launched by Vodafone ($3.00 goes towards the charity day every time supporters text WARRIORS to 4483 so keep texting as many times as you like).
The Vodafone Warriors have launched many other initiatives to raise funds ahead of game day or on game day itself while the players and football staff have donated a range of items and experiences to be auctioned or used as prizes in a monster raffle on game day
- CLICK HERE for information on prized jerseys head coach Stephen Kearney has donated for auction and prizes.
- CLICK HERE for items and experiences donated by Vodafone Warriors players and football staff.
- CLICK HERE for more memorabilia donated for auction.
- CLICK HERE for additional donation from tickets sold in 24-hour period.
- CLICK HERE for Vodafone text-a-donation service.
- CLICK HERE for all game day information.
- CLICK HERE for “The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day” video.
The Vodafone Warriors will share all funds raised between Shine, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Paralympics New Zealand and KidsCan.
Vodafone Warriors v Melbourne Storm
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
4.00pm, Sunday, July 22