Tickets are now on sale for the 2017 Downer NRL Auckland Nines which will feature the much-decorated Johnathan Thurston among the galaxy of stars at Eden Park on February 4 and 5.
The fourth edition of New Zealand’s biggest annual sporting party is also set to again include Shaun Johnson, who has led the Vodafone Warriors in each of the first three tournaments.
This year the Vodafone Warriors reached the final, only to lose to Parramatta which was later stripped of the title following confirmation of salary cap breaches.
The 2017 event was officially launched in front of a big gathering of media organisations at Eden Park yesterday with Thurston in attendance along with Vodafone Warriors Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Issac Luke.
Secure your tickets right now ensure you’re part of the not-to-be-missed extravaganza that is the Downer NRL Auckland Nines.
2017 DOWNER NRL AUCKLAND NINES
- Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5
- All 16 NRL clubs together in Auckland
- Featuring almost 300 players
- 48 Australian internationals, 44 Kiwis, 45 State of Origin stars and 68 Pacific Nations representatives have played at NRL Auckland Nines so far
- 31 action packed games
- More speed! More tries! More fun!
- Nine players per team, nine-minute halves
- $NZ2.6 million dollars in prize money
- 80,000-plus fans expected over two days