A $10 game day combo offer and a post-match ‘Meet the Team’ event at SKYCITY provide the trimmings to a tripleheader football feast when the Vodafone Warriors host the Brisbane Broncos at Mount Smart Stadium tomorrow.
With gates opening at 12.30pm, the footy menu starts at 12.40pm when the Vodafone Junior Warriors face the Broncos in the NYC clash followed by the ISP encounter between the second-placed Vodafone Warriors and Wentworthville (2.40pm kick-off) and then the Vodafone Warriors-Brisbane NRL contest (5.05pm).
Available to Vodafone Warriors members and fans for just $10 is a combo of a West Pie and a Carlsberg beer plus a free Vodafone Warriors beer cooler (while stocks last).
Later the whole NRL squad will bus to town for a ‘Meet the Team’ after-match event at Andy’s Burgers and Bar on Level 2, SKYCITY Atrium (from 8.00pm).
It’s a chance for all members, fans and families to mix and mingle with the Vodafone Warriors on a night when player of the day awards for rounds 4-13 will be presented. All Vodafone Warriors members who show their passes qualify for a 20 per cent discount on food and beverages from 8.00pm-9.30pm.
Earlier in the day the match day programme at Mount Smart Stadium will feature an appearance by Vodafone Warriors legend Francis Meli (#65) as the guest drummer in the ritual leading up to the NRL battle.
It will be preceded by the Ray White Coin Toss at halftime in the ISP game when Vodafone Warriors member Jay Pilisi will join rival captains Ryan Hoffman and Corey Parker for the toss in the middle of the field. This is scheduled for just after 3.20pm.
The Vodafone Warriors will be supporting major charity partner Kidz First Children’s Hospital tomorrow with its annual #JammiesInJune programme.
Members and fans are encouraged to bring along pyjamas to help Kidz First with its aim of keeping kids warm this winter. There’ll be a sign-posted drop-off point for pyjamas in the Harvey Norman Community Fun Zone at the northern end of Mount Smart Stadium. Kidz First collectors will also be on hand around the ground with buckets for gold coin donations to support ‘Jammies in June’ (or donate $3 by texting kidz to 5144). Give generously to help this important cause.
There are a number of other features and activities for members and fans to enjoy:
- Get your photo taken in the Harvey Norman Community Fun Zone with Vodafone Warriors fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck between 4.30-5.00pm. There will also be face painting and the passing wall will be in operation with the opportunity to win prizes.
- Want to win the Suzuki Road Warrior? Find it next to the Members’ Clubrooms in the fan zone at the northern end of the ground, have your photo taken by our official photographers and enter your details to go in the draw to win. Prize drawn at our last home game of the season.
- Don't forget if you manage to catch one of the players’ warm up T-shirts fired from the Canterbury of New Zealand T-shirt cannon, you can head down to the Members' Clubrooms after the game for your opportunity to meet the team and have your shirt signed.
- Look out for the ACC Mini/Mod Biggest Warm-Up followed by mini/mod games:
- Under 6s | Point Chevalier Pirates White v Hauraki Tigers
- Under 8s | Manurewa Marlins v Hauraki Tigers
- Pukana cam.
- A ‘What Happens Next?’ halftime quiz.