Two NRL games, four teams, stars galore and tons of fun will make for a game day like no other when Mount Smart Stadium hosts Saturday’s historic SKYCITY Auckland Double Header.
There’ll be full-force entertainment on the field with the likes of Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Benji Marshall, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Johnson and more heading a cast of quality players studded throughout the Vodafone Warriors, Wests Tigers, Melbourne and North Queensland sides.
Wrapped around the two contests kicking off at 5.00pm and 7.30pm is a jam-packed programme of fun, features and activities. Overarching the game day atmosphere will be the Pasifika theme created by match day sponsor SKYCITY.
Tickets are selling fast for what is the biggest event the Vodafone Warriors have staged since the club’s home finals at Mount Smart Stadium in 2007 and 2008.
Coming off a record season-opening run of four straight wins, the Vodafone Warriors entertain last year’s beaten grand finalist North Queensland (7.30pm kick-off) and the Wests Tigers launch the day with their ‘home’ game against Melbourne.
Gates open at 3.30pm for Saturday’s extravaganza.
GAME DAY FEATURES | SKYCITY AUCKLAND DOUBLE HEADER
- Entertainment Precinct:
- The Woodstock Bar will be open for business for the first time this season. It will be a feature for the rest of the season.
- The ATEED Awesome marquee will be open with prizes on offer for fans.
- Drums of the Pacific and Brotherhood Musiq will both be performing.
- The Suzuki Swift Road Warrior will be on show. Make sure you register to go in the draw for your chance to win this great set of wheels at the end of the season.
- Check out for the Coca-Cola Happiness Truck.
- Look out for our magician JP the Clown. He’ll keep you amused
- SKYCITY Family Zone with a cup and saucer ride, mini Ferris wheel, bungy trampoline and more.
- Also in the SKYCITY Family Zone, Harvey Norman Community Warriors will have lots of activities on offer including face painters, bin pong and a photo activation.
- The mini mod footy game before the Wests Tigers v Melbourne NRL game will be between Mangere East Hawks and Taniwharau (under-6s).
- Keep your eyes out for the new-look Tiki who’ll be putting on some moves throughout the day.
- The CCC T-Shirt Cannon will be in business again. Which player will be firing it?
- At halftime in the first game watch out for the “catch a spiral” competition with Stacey Jones pumping up the kicks for contestants to catch.
- Pacific cultural performance by the Wesley Fijian group at halftime in the Tigers-Storm match.
- Between the day’s two games, there’ll be another Pacific cultural performance, this one from the St Paul’s College Tongan group.
- In the countdown to the clash between the Vodafone Warriors and the Cowboys, the Drums of the Pacific will be accompanied by Cook Islands dancers.
- The CCC T-Shirt Cannon will be pounding out gifts again before the feature match.
- Mini mods footy will be back with the Mangere East Hawks and Taniwharau Under-8s going head to head.
- At halftime, watch out for a DROPIT auction. You’ll be able to bid for a fantastic package – four tickets to the Vodafone Warriors’ home game against Brisbane on April 14 (sitting on the SKYCITY side-line couches with food and drinks), two rooms at SKYCITY Hotel for four people on April 14, dinner for four with Vodafone Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at The Grill at SKYCITY, four adult Sky Tower passes and a signed Vodafone Warriors jersey.
- Another halftime feature will be the Woodstock Kick for Cash.
- There’ll be a Pacific cultural performance, this one from the St Paul’s College Samoan group.
- SKYCITY promo girls will be handing out lollies and flyers to enter the competition to win Stephen Kearney’s Suzuki while Scotty Sky Tower will also be onsite.
- The Vodafone Warriors’ merchandise van will be stationed in the south-east corner of the stadium (special offer: 20 per cent discount on 47 brand apparel).
- The day’s food special is two Westie pies for just five dollars.
- Vodafone Stadium Live app (download it).
- Free trains to and from the SKYCITY Auckland Double Header for fans holding their membership cards or pre-purchased tickets (remember to hold onto your ticket for the return trip after the game). Also free Northern Express buses to and from Britomart are on offer for the SKYCITY Auckland Double Header.
- No cheerleaders.
- Special members-only area by the club’s offices due to the unavailability of the Members’ Clubrooms for this game day. The Vodafone Warriors will walk through this area before entering the dressing room.
- New area for the Harvey Norman Community Warriors team called Community Corner.
- A totally revamped Entertainment Precinct. This includes an Astro-turfed food alley with seating and places to hang out.