Stand by for a mouth-watering trifecta of top sporting entertainment in Auckland next month – and for a total cost of just $130 you can have a ticket to all three events.
The action starts with a blockbuster NRL clash when the Vodafone Warriors face the Melbourne Storm on Friday, March 10 (8.00pm kick-off), their first Friday night date at Mount Smart Stadium in years.
Then on Saturday, March 11 the focus will switch to the Ellerslie Racecourse for Auckland Cup Day, always one of the city’s glamour events. Racing starts at 12.30pm.
Once the racing is over, the third leg of the treble is run at Eden Park when the Blues face the Highlanders in their Super Rugby encounter at 7.30pm.
The offer has come about through the Vodafone Warriors, the Blues and the Auckland Racing Club all joining forces so sporting fans can make the most of a magic sporting weekend.
The $130 ticket offer for the rugby league, racing and rugby union treat breaks down like this:
NRL | VODAFONE WARRIORS v MELBOURNE
Mount Smart Stadium
8.00pm, Friday, March 10
- Gold covered seating
- One of the NRL’s best traditional battles
- Huge new big screen (biggest in New Zealand)
- Includes free train service to and from Mount Smart Stadium
RACING | BARFOOT & THOMPSON AUCKLAND CUP DAY
12.30pm, Saturday, March 11
- A Whips n Spurs ticket
- Racecourse entry, race book and pen
- A great location in the Guineas Ballroom which provides a first-class room with magnificent views of the track
- Food service throughout the day with food stations and nibbles
- Cash bar featuring selected standard and premium still wine, sparking wine, Champagne, light and standard local and imported beers, cider, spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- Access to exclusive seating in the grandstand
- Live music and entertainment
- Convenient access to betting facilities
SUPER RUGBY | BLUES v HIGHLANDERS
7.30pm, Saturday, March 11
- A gold reserve ticket
- One of Super Rugby’s most-anticipated New Zealand derbies
- Transport on trains and special event buses included