Mount Smart Stadium will have something for everyone for the Vodafone Warriors’ drought-breaking homecoming today.
From the moment gates open at 1.00pm there’ll be a range of activities and events to pick from leading up to the 4.00pm kick-off to the Vodafone Warriors’ first game at the stadium in 1038 days.
As well as the round 16 clash against the Wests Tigers there’ll be a curtain raiser between development teams from both clubs (1.33pm kick-off) along with mini mod games.
Topping the entertainment bill is a performance by Kiwi music legend Sir David Dobbyn just ahead of kick-off for the NRL contest while Live Nation Ones To Watch artist Muroki will feature at halftime.
“With the ground sold out, we urge everyone to turn up early to savour an emotion-charged and unforgettable day,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.
“It’s going to huge so be there when the gates open so you don’t miss out on anything.”
Numerous activities and attractions plus food and beverage options will be studded around the stadium with the new 95 Social precinct at the northern end of the ground once again providing a hub for fans.
Merchandise will be available from the SuperStore as well as other outlets around the stadium.
- 1.00pm | Gates open.
- 1.33pm | Curtain-raiser | Sky Sport Future Warriors Selection v Wests Tigers Cubs
- 2.00pm | Vodafone Warriors arrive at stadium (East Stand).
- 3.00pm | Mini mods | Under 7s: Point Chevalier Pirates v Pacific Sharks (Tokoroa). Under 9s: Howick Hornets v Pacific Sharks (Tokoroa).
- 3.00pm | NRL coin toss.
- 3.10pm | T shirt cannon.
- 3.30pm | Sir Dave Dobbyn performance.
- 3.58pm | Wests Tigers run out onto field.
- 3.58pm | Cultural calling on.
- 3.59pm | Vodafone Warriors run out onto field.
- 4.00pm | Kick-off.
- 4.45pm | Muroki performance.