Due to the ongoing safety concerns regarding the Covid-19 outbreak, the New Zealand Rugby League has postponed all community competitions, tournaments and training sessions run by NZRL zones, districts and clubs until May 2.
Given the fast-changing situation, these guidelines and advice are subject to change.
Restrictions do not prevent clubs from operating on their facilities but the NZRL has urged clubs to adhere to Ministry of Health regulations in this regard. These include:
- Staying away from the club if you are experiencing flu like symptoms
- Regularly washing hands with soap (recommended) or an antibacterial wash
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Bringing and using personal drink bottles (not sharing)
- Limiting spitting
- Cleaning surfaces regularly (e.g. hit shields, balls etc)
- Limiting person-to-person contact (conduct any essential meetings online whenever possible)