What’s it all about?
We want to provide your brand with the opportunity to get in front of thousands of passionate Vodafone Warriors fans when we take on the Melbourne Storm at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday, June 8.
Research tells us fans are far more likely to consider brands that are “sponsors” of their team. And by owning a game day at Mt Smart Stadium this year, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to reach a captive – and highly passionate – market.
Our game day experience is already ranked No 2 in the NRL and we want to work with you to take us right to the top. This is your chance to deliver “wow” to our fans on game day while also delivering results to your bottom line.
In the last three years, nearly 70,000 people have attended Melbourne Storm games at Mt Smart Stadium. If that sounds like an audience you’d like to connect with, read on.
Who can apply?
We are encouraging any business (as long as they don’t compete with any of our major sponsors) to pitch to take ownership of what promises to be one of the biggest NRL game days of the year.
I get to own game day. But what does that mean?
How long’s a piece of string? Seriously, we don’t have a cookie cutter approach to game days here at Mt Smart Stadium. Want to do something different? Something daring? Something that’s never been done before? We are here to help you bring your idea to life.
As match day sponsor, here’s what you can expect:
- Inclusion of your brand in all match-day advertising across NZME and Vodafone Warriors platforms, edMs, website, social channels
- PR event to launch the game day plus the opportunity to bring up to 10 people to the captains’ run to watch the team train the day before we take on the Storm
- A table of 10 in our corporate lounge plus the ability to purchase up to 100 tickets for this game day at 50% off RRP. Please note that alcohol is not included in the corporate package
- PA announcements promoting your brand during game day, plus the opportunity to play a brand TVC (30secs) twice on the big screen
- Opportunity to activate in-venue and on the field during the half-time break of the NRL match
- A week’s buy out of the club’s digital channels (valued at $5,000)
- A discount on Vodafone Warriors merchandise
This sounds amazing. What’s the catch?
There isn’t one. We aren’t looking for you to pay a fee to own this game day. All we are looking for is someone to partner with us to deliver “wow” for our fans on game day. To win this opportunity, you’ll have to get creative. We want outside-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on doing things differently at the Vodafone Warriors and are looking for a like-minded brand who shares our values. You’ll obviously also need to take care of all your costs to activate and any brand assets etc. But that’s it. The floor (sorry, stadium turf) is yours for the taking. Are you up for the challenge?
What you need to do?
If you’re interested, please send us a basic proposal outlining how you would bring this game day on Saturday, June 8 to life. Please highlight everything you’d do to wow our fans and provide a summary of what you’d be prepared to spend to deliver your idea.
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, April 10. Once we’ve waded through the submissions, we’ll make a shortlist of potential partners who will be invited to present their idea to a panel of Vodafone Warriors staff the week commencing April 22. And for the winning brand, it’s game on. We’ll then meet with you to start bringing game day to life.
Easy, right? What are you waiting for. Submit your proposal to email@example.com