As fundraising efforts for "The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day" reach fever pitch, 15 lucky individuals have already been rewarded.
In the build-up to last week’s clash against the Broncos in Brisbane, the Vodafone Warriors ran a competition in which all members and ticket holders to this Sunday’s home game against the Storm went in a draw to win an array of amazing prizes donated by club sponsors.
Up for grabs, thanks to partners Air New Zealand and Swissotel, were return flights for two to Sydney*, two nights’ accommodation and tickets to the Vodafone Warriors’ NRL clash against Canterbury-Bankstown at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, August 19 (4.00pm kick-off).
Also on offer were Canterbury of New Zealand, SKYCITY and Mitre 10 vouchers and passes to Rainbow’s End and Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium, the latter two thanks to Coca-Cola.
All members and ticket purchasers’ names were put into a spreadsheet on Thursday night and a random number generator was used to pick the winners.
The pre-purchase prize draw was set up to help drive attendance to "The Great Vodafone Warriors Charity Day" after club CEO Cameron George pledged to donate up to $50,000 to four major causes based on the crowd size.
As of Friday morning, pre-sales had already tipped past 15,000, meaning the Vodafone Warriors would donate a minimum of $10,000 to the club’s four charities. If the crowd reaches 20,000, however, that donation will increase to $25,000.
See below to find out if you’re a lucky winner*:
- Return flights for two to Sydney, two nights’ accommodation and tickets to the Vodafone Warriors’ NRL clash against the Bulldogs on Sunday, August 19 thanks to Air New Zealand and Swissotel. Winner: Bill Kaaka.
- One of five $100 Canterbury of New Zealand vouchers. Winners: John Scott, Fleur Nimmo, Gary Rollison, Pam Clark, Patrick Hewett.
- One of five $100 SKYCITY dining vouchers. Winners: Robert Kinbie, Leigh Wallace, Kathleen Langi, Adrienne Norman, Delmar Mebius.
- One of two double adult passes to Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium. Winners: Terry Tenaari, Trevor Rush.
- One of two double passes to Rainbow’s End courtesy of Coca-Cola. Winners: Edward & Natasha Williams, Matthew Grannis
- One of two $200 Mitre 10 gift cards. Winner: Megan Earley, Rosie Chester
- All winners will be contacted by the Vodafone Warriors on Friday, July 20, and told how they can redeem their prize.
- Travel is for two adults flying Works from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch to Sydney return. Travel must be commenced and completed by August 31, 2018. Travel is on Air New Zealand-operated services only, seats are limited and are subject to availability. Tickets are non-changeable once issued. Travel is non-transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Travel is not eligible for any frequent flyer (including Airpoints Dollars) accrual, upgrades, companion redemption or credit of tier status. All prize travel will be subject to Air New Zealand’s General Terms and Conditions of carriage. To view visit www.airnz.co.nz