King Kapisi will be the star attraction when the Vodafone Warriors throw a huge Party at Roger’s on Saturday night.
With their 12th-round NRL match against South Sydney falling on the last weekend of New Zealand Music Month, the Vodafone Warriors are in the mood to inject some fun into the last Saturday night home game of the season.
Central to the entertainment programme will be Kiwi music with a live performance from hip-hop icon King Kapisi the undoubted highlight.
He’ll ratchet up the pre-game heat ahead of the NRL showdown with a medley of his hits at 7.10pm and then he’ll perform ‘Raise Up’ as the run-out song to welcome the Vodafone Warriors onto the field from the East Stand tunnel.
He’ll help to bring Mount Smart Stadium to the boil before the on-field action explodes with the eagerly-anticipated top four encounter between the Vodafone Warriors and the in-form Rabbitohs.
Earlier local band Halo will get the Party at Roger’s started when they perform in the Entertainment Precinct, the popular hub where members and fans gather on game day.
The programme kicks off with a hardcore grass roots feel when bitter Auckland club football rivals Point Chevalier and Mount Albert clash in a Fox Memorial Premiership match (5.10pm kick-off).
The feature activations at halftime in the NRL match (about 8.15pm) will be the SKYCITY competition to win Stephen Kearney’s Suzuki Grand Vitara and the Woodstock Kick for Cash.
There’ll also be a Kiwi music-influenced challenge.
GAME DAY DETAILS | v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Match day sponsor | SKY CITY
5.00pm | Gates open
5.10pm | Fox Memorial Premiership | Point Chevalier Pirates v Mount Albert Lions
7.30pm | NRL | Vodafone Warriors v South Sydney Rabbitohs
- King Kapisi performing live with a set of hits about 7.10pm followed by the run-out song (‘Raise Up’) when the Vodafone Warriors enter the stadium.
- Local group Halo performing live in the Entertainment Precinct.
- Crowd activation at halftime singing along to a Kiwi classic.
- SKYCITY competition to win Stephen Kearney’s Suzuki Grand Vitara. Seated in Bay 25 will be up to 400 entrants who are in with a chance to win the car. A group of contestants will be selected on the night and brought onto the field at halftime. Each of them will be given a key and will try one at a time to open the car. The person with the key that opens the car wins it.
- Back on again is our regular Woodstock ‘Kick for Cash’ competition at halftime.
- ACC Big Warm-Up and mini mod footy games in the build-up to the big game (Under 6s: Ngaruawahia Lions v East Coast Bays Barracudas. Under 9s: Ngaruawahia Lions v Point Chevalier Pirates).
- Coin toss involving the rival captains Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Greg Inglis plus a lucky Vodafone Warriors member.
- Keep your eyes out for Tiki, who’ll be putting on some moves throughout the evening.
- The Canterbury of New Zealand T-Shirt Cannon will be in business again. Which player will be firing it?
- Vodafone Stadium Live app is a great in-game tool. Download it.
- Also play Grandstand Millionaire. Download Vodafone’s Stadium Live app to play. Your challenge is to guess the try-scorers in exact order in the Vodafone Warriors v South Sydney match.
- Free trains to and from Mount Smart Stadium for fans holding membership cards or pre-purchased tickets (remember to hold onto your ticket for the return trip after the game).
- No cheerleaders.
- Entertainment Precinct:
- Make the most of the revamped Members’ Clubrooms. Great place to meet before the game and afterwards. Members-only venue including MC and post-match interviews.
- The Woodstock Bar is also a big game day attraction. It’s open to all fans every home game. Everyone is welcome so try it out.
- Arcade games for all to play including pinball, Pacman, Space Invaders and Fussball.
- The food alley is a major game day attraction with an array of gourmet options in an area set off by an Astro-turf surface, fairy lights and places to hang out.
- The merchandise van will be on hand again. Look out for a game day offer.
- Drums of the Pacific will be performing at Gate B and Gate C before the match and from the stage in the Entertainment Precinct throughout the contest.
- The Suzuki Swift Road Warrior will be on show. Make sure you register to go in the draw for your chance to win this great set of wheels at the end of the season.
- Harvey Norman Community Warriors always has loads of activities on offer. There’s plenty there including passing wall, face painting and Smile Dealers.