The Vodafone Warriors have joined forces with New Zealand Red Cross in launching two initiatives to support the Pacific Disaster Fund in the wake of the Cyclone Gita disaster.
A heavily-discounted $15.00 adult ticket offer has been unveiled today for the first home game of the 2018 NRL season against Gold Coast at Mount Smart Stadium on Saturday, March 17 (5.00pm kick-off).
The Vodafone Warriors will donate $5.00 from every ticket sold to the Pacific Disaster Fund. The tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in all areas except the platinum covered and platinum uncovered bays.
In addition, the Vodafone Warriors will combine with Red Cross by holding a bucket collection at the club’s first NRL trial against Melbourne at Rotorua International Stadium on Saturday (3.00pm kick-off).
“Our hearts go out to everyone directly affected by Cyclone Gita and also to people in New Zealand who have loved ones who are suffering,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.
“We are a club with strong Pacific links and we want to do what we can to help the island nations which have been impacted.
“Donations to the Pacific Disaster Fund will ensure Red Cross can respond quickly and efficiently to help our Pacific neighbours.”
The tickets for the Gold Coast game are available on pre-sale only. The offer expires at 11.59pm on March 16 with tickets then reverting to full price for both pre-purchase and gate sales (Ticketek fees for transactions also apply).
The pre-sale for Vodafone Warriors members begins at 12.00pm tomorrow (Thursday, February 15), running until 12.00pm on Friday (February 16). From then on, the offer will be available to the general public.
- The $15.00 ticket offer for the Vodafone Warriors v Gold Coast match on March 17 will be available through www.ticketek.co.nz
- Look out for Pacific Disaster Fund collection buckets when the Vodafone Warriors face Melbourne in this Saturday’s trial at Rotorua International Stadium. Please give generously in this time of need for our Pacific neighbours.
- The Vodafone Foundation has also launched an initiative to raise funds. If you want to help now, the Vodafone Foundation has set up a text assist number. To make a $3 donation, text Red Cross 4644.
MORE ON TROPICAL CYCLONE GITA
- Tropical Cyclone Gita is currently a category five system which has reached Fiji, Tonga and Samoa. It passed over Samoa, Tonga and Fiji causing substantial flooding and damage to homes. Assessments are ongoing. Vector-borne diseases, such as dengue fever, have been identified as a major risk due to the amount of water collecting after the cyclone.
- Red Cross is distributing relief supplies such as shelter tools, tarpaulins and hygiene kits, and providing assistance to affected communities in Tonga, Samoa and Fiji.
- New Zealand Red Cross is advising anyone wishing to help to donate to the Pacific Disaster Fund with 100% of the money donated to this appeal going towards supporting communities in the Pacific affected by the disaster.